Update: Nikon D7000 Price In Malaysia!

UPDATE: 20/Jul/2012: johnkhor.com asked a camera shop in Prangin Mall, Penang about the current price of Nikon D7000 with kit lens, 18-105mm. The price of Nikon D7000 with kit lens is RM3,800. Quite a good deal, I would say. The salesperson even mentioned that there are limited stock available. So, anyone buying Nikon D7000?

It’s official!

Nikon D7000

Nikon D7000.

Nikon Malaysia retail selling price (RSP) for Nikon D7000 with body only is RM4,398 and Nikon D7000 price with AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR kit lens 18-105mm is RM4,998. Update: Nikon Singapore retail selling price (RSP) for Nikon D7000 with body only is S$1999 which is equivalant to RM4799.40 and Nikon D7000 price is S$2299 which is equivalent to RM5519.67. The prices are direct conversion only and does not reflect the true value of the currency conversion.

That’s really crazy considering the fact that Malaysia is just a bridge away from Singapore. The Singaporeans could have just go to Johor Baru and purchase their Nikon D7000. The price of Nikon D7000 in Singapore is absurd. Someone from Nikon or anyone else, please enlighten me!

My bad for not checking it out before yesterday’s posting. I was really lazy to check again after so many times. Thanks to my photographer friend, Kaye, I was informed that the price for Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm kit lens +  bag + 8GB SD card, + filter + LCD protector in Penang, Malaysia is less than RM4,500. This information really make my day! My girlfriend and I are super excited!

On November 11th 2010, Nikon Malaysia announced that they will start selling Nikon D7000 in Malaysia’s market. All customers can pre-order their Nikon D7000. I read in the Internet that customers can only pre-order Nikon D7000 body only. 🙁

Nikon D7000 Magnesium Alloy Body

Nikon D7000 magnesium alloy body.

Nikon EXPEED 2

Nikon’s new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2.

Nikon D7000 Auto Focus (AF) 39 focus points

Nikon D7000 Auto Focus (AF) 39 focus points.

The street price for Nikon D7000, body only is around RM3,898. After this announcement, Nikon D9o price for body only might drop from RM2,400-RM2,500++ until RM2,000-RM2,200++ which is a good news for those who are tight on budget but still wish to own a decent DSLR.

Anyhow, we will go out and hunt for the best offer for Nikon D7000. I will post more about my Nikon D7000 journey.

What’s your say?

u brought this already ?

6. not yet, doing my final diligence

7. correct word is: struggling

8. Marcus Leong says:

haha… y struggling?

9. Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi says:

Dear John, I bought my D7000 last Monday for RM3990 (body only). Then I bought the Tamron 18-270mm zoom for RM2100.00. The dealer actually sold me the D7000 body minus the 18-105mm kit lens (upon my request) as I don’t like the kit lens. Saves me from changing lenses (and potentially causing dust to get into the body).

10. admin says:

Dear Salahuddin, congratulations on your purchase of Nikon D7000. You are rich. RM3990 + RM2100 = RM6090. Haha. *envy* I also purchased my Nkon D7000 with kit lens at RM4450. I am very new to DSLR photography. So, I am not sure about the lens. Anyhow, welcome to the Nikon D7000 family. Keep in touch. I will be blogging about my new Nikon D7000 soon. Are you in Penang?

11. EDI says:

@Salahudin<I am Edi from Jakarta,can you give me the shop name and the addres where you buy D7000,i want to buy it at Penang.
    Terimakasih.
    Edi

12. GOH says:

Anyone know the price in KL?

13. johnkhor says:

It should be around the same price in Penang +-RM50-RM100. RM4450 with kit lens and RM3950, body only.

14. wah… u all so kaya!! i want to buy nikon d7000 + 50mm F1.4.. its so expensive.. maybe soon… yeah! coz, i blog about food, event, concert n etc. 1 lens for all. Im afraid if i didnt use my kit lens sure membazir.. 🙁

15. johnkhor says:

I am not kaya. I saved for this. I also blog about the same things. Nice to have you here and thanks for visiting my blog. I am planning to get 35mm f/1.8 lens for my daily shots.hope that you can buy nikon D7000. gambate!

16. MHPhon says:

Hello there JohnKhor,

Please could you tell me what are the accessories included in the RM 4450? i pressume it would be 8gB mem card, and a free Nikon DSLR bag?

Thanks in advance.

17. johnkhor says:

Hi there… Thanks for visiting my blog.

When I purchased Nikon D7000, the camera shop gave a 8GB SDHC, Nikon DSLR bag and screen protector. That’s all.

Had you purchased your Nikon?

18. Ricahrd says:

hi. where did u buy your d7000.

which shop, i mean.

19. raeymie mokhtar says:

dear john,
    im planning to get d7000 soon. im in ipoh. i went to this ‘elite DSLR shop’ and found tat they sell it at rm4500 with 18-105mm lens + 8GB SDHC + Nikon DSLR bag. izzit worth it? hmm :/

20. johnkhor says:

hi raeymie mokhtar,

It is worth it. I bought it at RM4450 with kit lens 18-105mm + 8GB SDHC + Nkon Bag in Penang. Yes, same promotion items.

21. johnkhor says:

In Penang. I forgot the shop’s name but it’s opposite Komtar only.

22. priscilla says:

i live in KL, i wanna know what is the latest price for D7000. i want it so badly!! and how about the flash?

23. johnkhor says:

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and also leaving a comment.
    The price of Nikon D7000 with kit lens is still the same. I bought it on the 1st day of the launching of Nikon D7000. RM4450 with kit lens 18-105mm, free 8 GB SDHC and a Nikon bag. I am not so sure about the flash. And which model are you referring to?

24. Josh says:

johnkhor i was just wondering… because recently I went to KL, they only had it at 4998RM, did you have to try and convince/deal business with the authorized retailers in order to get your “4450RM” price?

25. johnkhor says:

@josh: no, i bought it on the day Nikon D7000 is launched. And the reseller gave the RM4450 price. No haggling at all. Free 8GB SDHC and Nikon. Another guy, a commentator in my other blog post about Nikon D7000 said he even got a free tripod for his Nikon D7000 purchase. Please don’t be overcharged. 🙂

26. jays says:

i’m from singapore. was wondering, what if i bought my d7000 in penang and when im back in singapore, something happens to my d7000, will the warranty be usable in singapore?

27. johnkhor says:

I am not sure whether Nikon D7000 has international warranty. You got to check with your seller.

28. jays says:

okay. thank you! 😀

29. emerald_goddess says:

hello…..
    i have a friend who had his d7000 for a few months and he’s selling to me…. i need your opinion as i am quite new to the dslr world.
    he’s selling it for rm4,200 (body + tamron 18-270)…. what say you? tq

30. johnkhor says:

I am not really a fan of second hand stuffs. Check whether your friend is someone who takes good care of his/her stuffs. If he/she is that kind of person, then you can consider. I bought Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm kit lens for RM4450 in Nov 2010. Should be quite good although I am not sure about the Tamron lens. Checked in the Internet that this lens sells at RM1900? Should be OK. NIkon D7000 is really really good camera. I am also new to DSLR world. Nikon D7000 is my first DSLR.

31. zam says:

Have u check from mudah.com the price around 4200 with 18-105 vr lens

32. johnkhor says:

Nope. I don’t always check the prices for the things that I have bought. If not, I will always be sad. Present is present. Anyhow, thanks for the info. Nikon D7000 is a good buy 🙂

33. Guest says:

I just bought d7000+kit for rm3900 plus free stuff

34. johnkhor says:

Hi, can you let us know what free stuffs that you have gotten and where did you buy the camera? So, that future buyer will know whether they have a great deal. Thank you.

35. Jhchic says:

where did you buy for RM3900 with kit? that’s cheap, no?

36. Elmyra says:

guest, where’s ur buy the nikon d7000 rm3900? so cheap la 🙂

37. johnkhor says:

@Elmyra: I am also waiting for Guest’s reply.

38. Codyhcchan says:

i get the body rm2860 yesterday and a 50mm 1.8 cost me rm330

39. johnkhor says:

Welcome to Nikon Family!!! The price you get for your body and 50mm1.8 is cheap. Where did you buy it?

40. Im Wenjie says:

hey man! where did u get it?

41. Rrich55 says:

i bought D7000 body only in hcmc vietnam only usd1250 with 32gb class 10 transcend

42. Zul_obeliskz says:

where did u got it? really cheap

43. Cagoco says:

hello i live in Thailand i am planning to buy d7000 nikon but i realized price here is much expensive compare to penang…i checked yesterday its about 5400 ringgit..can i buy online in penang?is it cheap ? thanks

44. CHANAKA says:

Where can I buy Nikon D7000…in Malaysia…for the chepest price..

45. johnkhor says:

Hi CHANKA,

You need to state which state you are going. In Penang, you can go to ExcelPhoto or Hike Enterprise along the Penang Road, near the Ong Kongsi. Just google these names and you will find them in Google Map.

46. You can go to Elite Photo at Penang road, Penang… in front of Mydin Store.. My friend just bought D7000 today..just RM 3850.00 (Body with kit lens 18 – 105mm)… ask for jason

47. Elite Photo, Penang Road, Penang RM 3850.00 with kit lens

48. dalila says:

where did u get it?

49. qistina says:

i think d90 is much cheaper than d7000 right?