On 15th November 2011, Singaporeans can get their hands on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9-inch. The price of Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9″ 16GB WiFi + 3G model is S$768. It’s approximately RM1,874 according to XE Currency Converter.
According to Amanz.my, Samsung Malaysia has quietly selling Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9-inch at RM1,699 which is around RM175++ cheaper than the Singaporean price. Woot. And Samsung Malaysia has said that they are trying to bring the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7-inch to Malaysia before end of this year.
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Dimensions: 230.9 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm, 470 g
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 chipset
- 8.9″ 16M-color WXGA (1280 x 800 pixels) IPS TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 1GB RAM, 16/32/64 GB storage
- 3.15 megapixel auto-focus camera with 720p video recording; 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, standard microUSB port,GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, HDMI TV-out, USB host
- Others: TouchWiz customization, telephony, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor
And rumor is out that one of our main telcos in Malaysia, namely Maxis, DiGi, Celcom is going to launch this tablet with their tie-in plans next week. Stay tuned.
What’s your say?