2nd Honeycomb Tablet in Malaysia, Acer Iconia Tab A500 is launched!!!
Yeah. The tablet market is getting crowded already. After Maxis launched Motorola Xoom, Acer quietly launched their own tablet which is Acer Iconia Tab A500. It’s the second tablet running Google’s Android Honeycomb after Motorola Xoom.
Here are the specs for this Acer tablet:
• 10.1” Tablet
• Tegra 250 Dual cortex A9, 1GHz
• GPU Ultra Low Power GeForce® GPU Memory
• RAM: LP DDR2 1GB
• eMMC: 32G Display
• 10.1” WXGA (1280*800)
– Wide View Angle
– High Contrast
GPS / A-GPS
• 3G SKU Only
• Main camera: 5M Camera with Auto focus with single LED ﬂash
• Second camera: 2M Fixed Focus
• Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
– Micro USB 2.0
– Type-A USB 2.0 Host
• Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen
• Function buttons
– Side (mechanical key):
> Volume Up, Volume Down, screen lock
> Power: with back light-white/orange
– Light Sensor
– 6-axis Gyro-meter
• HDMI D-type (support Dual Display)
• Dual analog Microphone (Beam-forming, Noise /echo cancellation )
• Dual Speaker
• 3.5mm Audio Jack 4ring ( with Mic)
• Dolby mobile
• Android Honeycomb
• 260 (L) x 177 (W) x 13.3 (H) mm
• WIFI SKU <765g
• MicroSD memory card up to 32G (SDHC 2.0 compatible)
• Rechargeable Lithium-ion polymer battery
• Capacity: 24.1W (3260mAh cell x 2)
• Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
• DC output: 12V and 1.5 A, 18W
• Rohs compliance • WEEE compliance
• Halogen free, PVC free • SMT Green process
• Reset hole
• Docking Port
Accesories (In Box)
• USB Cable
• Charger + Plug
And the interesting part of the tablet is the price. For 1GHz Tegra 2 dual core processor, 1GB RAM and 3GB internal storage, 10.1-inch display, 1280 X 800, Acer is selling it only for RM1,599. That’s RM200 cheaper than iPad 2 32GB WiFi only. This is a serious contender. And Acer Iconia Tab A500 comes with expandable storage up to 32GB via micro-SD. And it’s the same price with 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab and RM500 cheaper than Motorola Xoom. Way to go, Acer.
Well, more tablets are coming and I read in the Internet that apps for Android Marketplace is about to ovetake the apps for Apple App Store. Looks like Android is going head to head with Apple.
Acer Iconia Tab A500 will hit the shelves this week and SenHeng will selling it too, at Rm44.42 per month for 36 months installment plan.
I think Apple might lose some of their customers to Acer due to the price, better display (1280 X 800), larger screen, HDMI and USB port, better camera pixels for both cameras.
Apple sells coolness but Acer is selling practicality. What’s your choice?
Before Malaysians get to preview the Acer Iconia Tab A500, let’s watch the commercial of the tablet by Acer
What’s your say?